Ep. 012 : Chef Alain Lemaire

I'm very excited about this one. Just to be clear right off the bat - this will NOT be a photography conversation.

I've you've kept in touch as of late, you'll have noticed that I've followed through on my intent to take the podcast in a more authentic direction that was not entirely centered around my photographic interests. Still keeping in line with my core values of "Photography. Motivation. Life Lessons", the guests I want to sit down with will not only be from a photographic background but as diverse and colorful as their awesome personalities can be. That's what drives me. That's what I want to tap into and that I hope to be able to bring to you over the next few months.

That said, on this episode, I welcome the very inspiring and ever-so talented Chef Alain Lemaire, Co-Owner & Executive Chef at Sensory Delights LLC. Chef Lemaire is based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL but originally hails from my native homeland in the Caribbean, Haiti. Having featured in numerous food events throughout the United States and overseas, he is also Co-Producer of the first ever culinary battle televised show in Haiti called Le Chef. Through his efforts as a founding member and the Secretary General of the Haitian Culinary Alliance, he aims at creating a network of food service, culinary and hospitality professionals of Haitian descent while providing mentoring and educational resources to them.

I wanted to have him on the podcast as I believe the culinary arts to be to be just that - an art. And as such, I've never failed to acknowledge to intensity, commitment, passion, discipline, and relentless creativity one has to develop to go from "m'eh..." to "Da-Yum!". If you follow his YouTube Channel (which you should), you'll have noticed what a warm, generous and inspiring individual he is.



Infectiously humble, he's certainly got an awesome story to tell.
I am certainly looking forward to hearing his personal insight on the topics of chasing one's dreams, facing obstacles, self-doubt in the face of adversity, resilience, clichés and misguided opinions about the culinary industry, how cooking is not a "woman's job"...and so much more.
Also, in the realm of all things things awesome, he recently competed on Food Network's popular cooking competition, Cutthroat Kitchen, titled "Molasses, Mo' Problems". I will NOT give out the details, you'll just have to watch it for yourself and show your love and support.
You can be sure I'll be asking Chef Lemaire what it was like to perform under such intense pressure on such a powerful platform.
You can stay in touch and follow his various online footprints which include : Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube.
I want to thank Chef Lemaire for his time and valuable insight and to you as well, loyal listeners and supporters, for tuning in for this wonderful discussion.

Enjoy.




Direct link to downloading the audio version available here
(Do a 'Right-Click' - then select  "Save Link/Target As...')

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ep. 014 : Vivardy Boursiquot

Ep. 010 : Your Work Has Worth (Photography Roundtable)